How to Use Spotify Codes to Share Song, Artist or Album with Any Spotify User
- You can use
SpotifyCodes to easily share your music Spotify appwith anyone using Spotify.
- You can view a Spotify code for any artist, album, track, or playlist.
- The other person just needs to use the Camera icon on Spotify’s search page to scan the code.
Music is often a shared experience, whether at a concert or just joining two pairs of headphones with a Y-cable. And with Spotify, it’s easy to share music using Spotify codes. .
If you want someone to hear a song streamed on your Spotify app, you can display the Spotify code on your screen. The other person simply scans the code with the camera function in the Spotify app and it is instantly available.
How to use Spotify codes on your phone
Spotify codes appear virtually everywhere in Spotify – you can share individual tracks, entire albums, artists, and even playlists.
1. Find the music you want to share and tap the three dots on the item. For an album, artist, or playlist, this will be under the art near the top of the page. For tracks, the three dots are to the right of the track title.
2. The Spotify code will appear in the pop-up window, above the additional play and share options.
3. The person who wants to listen to music should open the Spotify app and press “Search” on the toolbar at the top of the screen.
4. On the search page, tap the camera icon to the right of the search box at the top of the page.
5. Point the phone’s camera at the Spotify code on the other phone.
6. After a while, you should see the music appear on the phone, ready to play.
How to share Spotify code from your computer
You can also share music with a Spotify code from your computer, although the process is slightly different. Find the music you want to share, then click the three dots for artist, album, track, or playlist. From the pop-up menu, choose “Share”, then click “Spotify Code”. From there, the other person can scan the code from their mobile device in the usual way.